Snowdrops and A New Jumper Pattern in the Making


This week feels as if it has flown by, especially the last couple of days.  Thursday was my birthday and, after taking Jacques and Millie for a lovely run at Parke (where I took the lovely photo of snowdrops above) I only had an hour or so at home before my daughter who lives near me came to take me out for lunch.  I had chosen Jacksons Fish and Chip Cafe in Newton Abbot because I have been trying to eat healthily for a some time and really had a craving for real fish and chips and Jackson's serves the best in the area in my opinion.  The fish comes fresh from Brixham harbour and is cooked to order.  I can't begin to describe the results except to say that it fell apart as you cut into it and was absolutely delicious.  We both chose the haddock and were not at all disappointed with our choice.  On this occasion, we finished the meal with blackberry and apply crumble and custard and left feeling stuffed to the gills ☺ 


Snowdrops seem to be appearing everywhere here at the moment.  These photos were taken just half a mile or so from my house last Sunday when I was again out with the two dogs.  Wednesday was a glorious day and Jacques and I walked in the same direction but went a lot further, walking part of the way back through some very muddy fields.  This, however, gave me the opportunity to take these glorious photos of the town where I live with the stunning backdrop of the hills of Dartmoor in the distance.

The top photo, especially, shows how beautifully blue the sky was although I was glad to keep moving in the cold wind despite the glorious sunshine.  We are promised even colder weather for next week so time to get out those especially thick winter woollies.

Talking of winter woollies, this week I started to work on an oversized aran jumper for which I am writing the pattern.
It hasn't grown a lot, but it has taken a while to write out all the individual pattern columns as well as work out how to do the cable 'knot' on the chain cable.  Now that work is done I am able to just carry on knitting without stopping to write down exactly what I have just done, although it is clearly not going to be a fast knit and is going to have to be put aside so that I can meet other deadlines.
Talking of pattern writing.  If you write patterns and would like your knitting pattern translated into German in order to create additional sales, then please do contact my friend in Austria.  She is know as iglinz on Ravelry and you can find more details about her translation service here.  I can definitely recommend here very highly since she has translated several of my patterns including my pattern for the pretty little baby bonnet shown in the picture above.
Time now to walk the dogs again on another sunny but very cold, brisk morning here in Devon.  Have a great week.


Comments

  1. What lovely pictures! Wishing you a very happy birthday (belated) and good success with your jumper pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment