A Canine Visitor

It was at the end of last week that my daughter's dog Millie came to visit for a long weekend.  She has been a regular visitor along with her older 'sister' Holly who sadly passed away a couple of weeks before Christmas at the grand old age of 15 and a half.  It was strange to have just Millie here, although I have been walking her 3 times a week and she has visited for the day.  Millie, of course, settled in as usual...
...making herself comfortable ☺
There were, of course, lots of walks as well as fun with a couple of balls on the beach where the waves were fabulous.


Jacques, of course, had his turn in his bed, deciding on this particular occasion to look especially cute.
Partway through the week my Let's Knit magazine arrived and I was pleased to see in it a couple of jumpers I had knitted being modelled.  Both were designed by Jo Allport (yes, I do a lot of knitting for her).  The first is a pretty, lace off the shoulder jumper:
Apologies for the bad quality of the photographs, I took them of the magazine.
The second is a cute little baby jumper:

This time I have included the picture I took of the unblocked jumper before I sent it off to Jo, as well as the pictures taken of the magazine.
Shown as coming next month is this stunning two-colour jumper:
Again you can see my original photo of the unblocked jumper as well as the one I took of the image in the magazine.
It has indeed been a busy knitting week again, interrupted with the usual but also with transporting my neighbour to and from the hospital.  I got the 5 colour cotton cardigan finished and then the poncho knitted in King Cole Bamboo Cotton.  I will reveal both items once the patterns are published.  Having finished the poncho I moved straight on to finishing off a little baby girl's jacket for a customer.  She starts off the project then, when she can go no further, she sends me the pieces and I finish it off for her. This time she sent me the back and the main part of the hood as well as the pieces for one ear.  That meant that I knitted the fronts, the sleeves, the hood border and the pieces for the other ear - and, of course, sewed it up. Here it is:
My next, and current project, is a set of large swatches for a designer.  I started the first one on Thursday evening and have nearly finished it so picture next time.  It is knitted with a 4ply/fingering weight yarn in a Star Cluster pattern.  Not that difficult to do but quite time consuming since you have to wrap the yarn around two stitches many times on alternate rows.  Hopefully I will finish it now this afternoon and be able to start on the next one.  Not sure what it will be but I do know there is one in which I have a free choice of cable pattern in one place.  Looking forward to it, so signing off for today.  Enjoy your weekend, too.



Comments

  1. Love your beach pictures. And you've got an incredible amount of knitting done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Those waves were so fabulous that just for once I didn't take pictures of the dogs but took pictures of the sea instead! As for the knitting, I have to confess that it was a very small poncho :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment