Catching Up

I've been somewhat busy this past week (almost) and have neglected this as a result.  Fortunately I have managed to fit in quite a lot of knitting still.  First I completed the tunic with fair isle yoke that I had been working on.
The finished tunic

Close up of the yoke

Close up of the fair isle pattern

Following this, I completed the first block of the moderne log cabin blanket I am working on as part of a KAL (Knit ALong).
The first block and the other yarns I am going to use

Then I started on a Hello Kitty sweater, the first of three, for my grand-daughters.  This one is for the youngest, Olivia, since I am going to have to scale up the basic sweater pattern for at least one, if not both of the others.  I started this on Monday afternoon and showed Olivia the green wool (each have been given a choice of background and dress and bow colours).  After completing about 8 rows I had to go out to work.  When I came back about an hour later Olivia said 'Have you finished knitting my Hello Kitty jumper yet, grandma?'  And I thought I was quite a quick knitter :-)

Work in progress on the Hello Kitty sweater

No photos yet, but I have completed the front and all but finished the back and hoping for a good day working on it today - not too many extra things to do today, I hope.  Wish me luck :-)


Comments

  1. You are a very talented knitter. I am in awe.

    Stephanie

    ps I promised you a few weeks I would be having a giveaway. If you feel inspired to do so pop over to my space and take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, nice tunic, I add you to my blog, it in spanish but I have added a "translator" if you want to take a look.//Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Patricia. I love your blog too. It won't let me comment, though, so I hope you read this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment