Jacques on the Beach

I just had to start today with this picture of Jacques as we arrived at the beach yesterday.  He was eagerly waiting for me to throw his ball for the first time.  It was a cold but dry morning, the sun was shining and the beach looked absolutely glorious.
Jacques was a delight to watch.  Not only his speed as he ran after the ball but the way he nearly always returned it to me via the sea.  He loves to play with the waves, waiting for them to break over him and sweep him towards the shore.
You need to look closely to find Jacques in this photo, but he is there, enjoying the waves before he runs back to me.  It was an absolute delight to watch him.
This week I have been busy knitting for photoshoots and publication so can't show any photos, but I do have this photo of a jumper I knitted for Jo Allport back in November and which has just been published in the March issue of Knitting magazine.  It is knitted top down in Stylecraft Batik Elements, a really lovely yarn to knit with that has interesting colour graduations.
I knit a lot of garments for Jo Allport but must also introduce you to another designer who is a friend of mine.  Her shop is Iglinz Crafts and she designed this stunning scarf.  You can find the pattern here, but do take a look at the rest of her delightful designs.
To finish, and to prove that Spring is on its way, here is a photo of the snowdrops I spotted while out walking Jacques in the miserable, damp weather we have here this morning.  They brightened up my walk and reminded me that Winter doesn't last forever as I return now to my knitting - a pretty design, again by Jo Allport, in 5 different colours of Stylecraft Cotton Classique DK.

Comments