A New Jumper Pattern

It's been a long time since my last blog and I thought I had all but abandoned it but a prompt from a friend made me think of it again and I thought it time to perhaps try again to keep this up to date.  Things have changed a lot for me since I last wrote and I am now a full-time professional knitter.  I have also published a selection of patterns of my own on Ravelry, Love Knitting, Etsy, Craftsy and even CrazyPatterns.  My most recent publication is a jumper that I have named Gina after the customer I originally knitted it for.
Gina is a close fitting, tailored sweater, knitting in 4ply fingering with an interesting lace panel on the yoke
and on the bottom of the bell shaped sleeves.
I found it extremely difficult to obtain clear photographs of the black sweater but, after playing around with one of the photos in a photo editor (something with which I need a lot more experience), I managed to obtain this picture of a close up of the lace panel which shows the beautiful intricate detail:

The neck is what I would call a polo neck although I am discovering that the more common name these days seems to be turtle neck.
I am trying hard to move with the times and pride myself on having become computer adept but I suspect there are times when I give away my age.  My youngest granddaughter is 9 years old today; my eldest is already 15 and studying hard for her GCSEs.  I am blessed with a further two granddaughters, one who recently turned 14 and the other who is now on her second year in secondary school already (she is 12, just in case someone thought I had forgotten - I am not quite senile yet ☺).  To return to the pattern, you can purchase it here and on the other sites mentioned above.

This morning I will take pictures of my Equus jumper - the link takes you to the Ravelry page where you can purchase the pattern, designed by a lady called Julie Hoover.  I enjoyed knitting this sweater with its unusual design.  The side panels are knitted first, with central waist shapings included, and then the centre patterned panels for the front and the back.  The sleeves are then a quick knit and the whole lot is sewn together, with the seams on the outside on either side of the panels.  The whole jumper is finished off with another turtle neck.

Today I must finish off a man's 4ply cardigan - just the buttonhole band to knit and the sewing up to do.  Being black, I am not looking forward to the sewing up but it has to be done.  Photos of this one and Equus in my next blog.

Last, but not least, I must mention the cardigan I am knitting for The FIbre Co.  The yarn appears to be a new one and kept secret, even from me since it arrived already caked without any labels.  It is a beautiful yarn.  DK weight with a high wool content or even 100% wool.  It is beautiful to knit with and one of the nicest yarns that I have been given the pleasure to knit with for some time - and I get to knit with some lovely yarns.  I can't give out any details of the pattern yet, except that it is a cardigan but watch this space for when the pattern is released when I will be able to show photos of the model wearing the sample that is now on my needles.  I am looking forward to finishing with the sewing up and being able to sit down with what is a relatively easy, but interesting pattern.

But first to check my emails, walk my dog (Jacques - picture of him another time), pick up my daughter's dog to walk with us and at the same time wish my very excited granddaughter a happy birthday.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous jumper, such a lot of beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I think the details make it an interesting knit as well as a lovely jumper to wear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment