One week later...

Have had quite a busy week when I look back.  The first thing to be finished was the Hello Kitty sweater for Bethany.  The first photo shows the front in progress:



This is the finished sweater:


Here is Bethany trying it on for the first time:


I then had yet another Hello Kitty sweater to knit in yellow for a commission so abandoned all my other projects in order to get it done.  This was more because I was getting tired of intarsia than any other reason.  I did get a couple of rows of crochet done on my CAL blanket and some squares for the dog's home blanket done whilst waiting for the yellow yarn to arrive but started on the sweater as soon as it did.  I finished it today, about 48 hours after I started it so am very pleased with that - and here it is:


This evening I finished the third row of the CAL blanket to make 15 in all:


I am happy with the way it is progressing, but do think now is the moment to reduce the target to 2 rows a week instead of 3 before it becomes a chore due to the time it is now taking to crochet one round.  To make it practical as a throw I reckon I need to do another 15 rows (15 now done) but will wait and see exactly how it comes out.

Finally today I caught up with the two Battersea Dogs Home blanket challenges. The square-a-week one looks quite paltry in comparison with the square-a-day one but that was inevitable.


Just 3 squares on the first


But much more progress on the second.  The photo doesn't show the pawprint detail very well so I shall have to try taking a close up - although you can see a hint of it on the grey square on the top photo.

I did make a start on a lacy square for KAS but have only done about half so no photo yet.  My aim is to knit another 3 altogether since it is a volume challenge this month and then I would like to get a couple of blocks done at least on my KAL blanket.  At the precise moment I can't decide whether or not to finish it completely before starting another project along side it...

Comments