Goodbye old friend

Not at all connected to knitting, I had to say goodbye to a good and faithful companion last Sunday, February 26th.  My Staffie, Ben, was put to sleep at the age of 12 years and 8 months.  Old age finally got the better of him and having had problems with one knee almost all his life, his other back leg could no longer hold him and he could only manage a step or two before collapsing.  The end came quickly and easily for him.  I am left with some lovely memories of the most loving dog I have ever known.


Life goes on for the rest of us and I finished the cardigan I have been knitting for a commission yesterday evening.
The photo does not do justice to the intricate shaping and eyelet detail but I don't really have the facilities at present to display it better.

I also won a takeaway on http://momogusknitspatterns.blogspot.com/  Thanks, Diana - it was nice to get some good news :-)

Now I'm working on my CAL blanket, with a 3 row target set for this week; followed by my KAL blanket where I will knit the 3rd section.  I am then going to knit a couple of squares for KAS for their March challenge before starting Jessica's Hello Kitty sweater.  Olivia's has been much admired and Jessica, of course, is eager for hers.  It means sizing up the basic sweater pattern but that shouldn't be too difficult and good practice for Bethany's which will need to be a size larger again.

Comments