Genevieve and Sage Throw

I've not posted here in a while but have today decided that it is time I picked this up again.  I have been so busy knitting that it would be impossible to catch up so I shall just continue on from where I am now.

My big project at the moment is my Sage Throw.  Designed by Marie Wallin, I am knitting it for one of her customers.  Due to ill health, it has taken me longer to knit that it would have normally but at last the end is in sight and I only have the side borders left to knit.  I have even picked up the stitches for one of those borders and worked the first two rows in rib.  I now have to continue in 2 colour rib, the same as on the bottom border.  Here is the last photo I took when I was still working on the main fair isle section.

It is getting very difficult to photograph it now that it is so big, so the next photo will be of the completed throw.  I am having to put it to one side today since I need to knit a child's poncho to get in the post on Monday, although I would really like to sit down and get the throw finished.

My other recent piece of news is that Genevieve, a sweater I knitted for designer Jo Allport, has been published in Knitting magazine.
I love the yarn used (WYS Aire Valley Fusions) so am especially pleased that I am soon going to be knitting some more garments for Jo using the same yarn.

Comments