Squares

Lots of squares to share today.  The first is the results of the addition of 3 rows to my CAL blanket:




The second, and more of an oblong, is the addition to my KAL Log Cabin blanket:




Next I knitted a series of 3 squares for KAS:



1. Broken Rib with a Twist


2. Little Chevrons


3. Herringbone Rib

All 3 will soon be wending their way to South Africa where they will be sewn into blankets for AIDS orphans.

Last, but not least, a pattern from Whodunnknit for a blanket for Battersea Dog's Home.  If anyone is reading this and is interested, I had the idea of doing a Knit ALong and have started two projects of my own, one with the aim of knitting one square a week and the second, since the squares are quite small, one square a day.  Both in memory of Ben.  Here is the picture of the completed blanket (complete with appreciative dog who, as a matter of fact, does remind me a bit of Ben):


and here is my first square:


I did knit two since I was starting both projects, but both are in the same yarn so there is little point in publishing 2 photos the same.

Last but not least, not a square, I started Jessica's Hello Kitty sweater this afternoon and have managed to complete the motif now this evening.  Unfortunately the boring tidying up and sewing in of ends is still to be done but with it being almost midnight now that part is going to have to wait until tomorrow - as will the photo(s).

Comments